From: Krishnaveni on
Hi,
We have Contact Details web part throughout the site collection. For one person who is available at the moment, presence indicator is showing White color icon(Presence Unknown) for some sites and Green color icon(Available) for some other sites in Contact Details web part.

I think this is not the problem with Office 2007 or OCS 2007 as it is showing presence for some sites correctly.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance,
Krishnaveni.

ee61r wrote:

'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
05-Mar-08

MOSS2007 with SP1, teamsite, configured 'Site Users' web part to 'show people
in this site's member group'.

Web part displays correct list of users, but no status / presence icons.

Presence icons are working for all other elements of the site, including
document authors, etc, so the problem is specific to the 'Site Users' web
part.

Is this by design, or am I missing something here?

Rob

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 9:11 AM
ee61r wrote:

'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
MOSS2007 with SP1, teamsite, configured 'Site Users' web part to 'show people
in this site's member group'.

Web part displays correct list of users, but no status / presence icons.

Presence icons are working for all other elements of the site, including
document authors, etc, so the problem is specific to the 'Site Users' web
part.

Is this by design, or am I missing something here?

Rob

On Thursday, March 06, 2008 1:54 AM
v-adapa wrote:

RE: 'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
------=_NextPart_0001_02877B7E

Hello Rob,

Please first go through the following articles and check if you run into
one of the situations in the articles:

The menu that displays online presence settings and commands is not
displayed in Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 or in Windows SharePoint
Services 3.0
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827751

A Live Communications Server user's presence information does not appear
correctly in a Web Part
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=834471

Presence icon does not appear when you browse an Internet-hosted SharePoint
Portal Server Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823264

If the methods provided in the articles above don't help, please collect
the following information for further research:

1. Does this issue occur on every client? Is there any Office client
program installed on the clients, especially Outlook 2007?
2. Please take a screen shot of the scenario and attach it to your reply or
send it to v-adapan(a)microsoft.com.
3. Does the email address in the SharePoint user information matches the
email in the Messenger Client?

If you need further assistance, please let me know. I am glad to be of
assistance.

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

------=_NextPart_0001_02877B7E

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Verdana;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Rob,
\par
\par Please first go through the following articles and check if you run into one of the situations in the articles:
\par
\par The menu that displays online presence settings and commands is not displayed in Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 or in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
\par http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827751
\par
\par A Live Communications Server user's presence information does not appear correctly in a Web Part
\par http://support.microsoft.com/?id=834471
\par
\par Presence icon does not appear when you browse an Internet-hosted SharePoint Portal Server Web site
\par http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823264
\par
\par If the methods provided in the articles above don't help, please collect the following information for further research:
\par
\par 1.\tab Does this issue occur on every client? Is there any Office client program installed on the clients, especially Outlook 2007?
\par 2.\tab Please take a screen shot of the scenario and attach it to your reply or send it to v-adapan(a)microsoft.com.
\par 3.\tab Does the email address in the SharePoint user information matches the email in the Messenger Client?
\par
\par If you need further assistance, please let me know. I am glad to be of assistance.
\par
\par Regards,
\par
\par Ada Pan
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par ====================================================
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par ====================================================
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_02877B7E--

On Thursday, March 06, 2008 6:36 AM
ee61r wrote:

Hi Ada,I have reviewed the articles, and found none of them apply.
Hi Ada,

I have reviewed the articles, and found none of them apply.

I will email you a screenshot later, please watch out for it.

This issue occurs for all users / clients. Our environment is Windows
Server 2003 with Citrix PS 4.5, and Office 2007, including Outlook 2007. We
are running Office Communicator 2007, with OCS 2007.

The email address in SharePoint user information is the same as the email in
the OC client.

Regards,

Rob

"Ada Pan [MSFT]" wrote:

On Friday, March 07, 2008 4:19 AM
v-adapa wrote:

RE: 'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
------=_NextPart_0001_08323D6A

Hello Rob,

I have performed further research and would recommend you try the following
steps in SharePoint Central Administration:

1) Go to Central Administration
2) Select Application Management
3) Under SharePoint Web Application Management select Web application
general settings
4) On the Web Application General Settings page set the web application to
the problem web application
5) Select Yes for Enable Person Name smart tag and Online Status for members

If the option above is configured properly, please continue to perform the
following steps:

- Browse the SharePoint site and click on Site Action-Site setting-People
and Groups.
- Then click Setting-List Settings.
- Click on Detail view and check following
o SIP Address
o Work e-mail
- Then click on ok to come back to People and Groups.
- Now we need to make sure that both SIP address and Work e-mail are set
for user.
- The SIP address is obtained from active directory and in SharePoint it
imported when we do a profile import.
- If we are not importing the profile in SharePoint and we manually adding
the profile then we have to manually enter the SIP address.
- To add the SIP address manually
o Go to Shared Services Administration: <shared service provider name
associated to your application> > User Profile and Properties > View User
Profiles
o Click Edit a user profile and check the SIP Address field and if this
blank enter the SIP address.
- If you manually edit the SIP address, we need to wait for some time
(usually 5 minutes) for the change to be reflected before it is
synchronized to the MOSS data.
- Then we should see that the SIP address and Work e-mail is populated in
people and groups correctly.
- Now we can configure the Site user web parts and check if it displays the
status correctly.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I am glad to be of
assistance.

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

------=_NextPart_0001_08323D6A

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Verdana;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Rob,
\par
\par I have performed further research and would recommend you try the following steps in SharePoint Central Administration:
\par
\par 1) Go to Central Administration
\par 2) Select Application Management
\par 3) Under SharePoint Web Application Management select Web application general settings
\par 4) On the Web Application General Settings page set the web application to the problem web application
\par 5) Select Yes for Enable Person Name smart tag and Online Status for members
\par
\par If the option above is configured properly, please continue to perform the following steps:
\par
\par - Browse the SharePoint site and click on Site Action-Site setting-People and Groups.
\par - Then click Setting-List Settings.
\par - Click on Detail view and check following
\par o SIP Address
\par o Work e-mail
\par - Then click on ok to come back to People and Groups.
\par - Now we need to make sure that both SIP address and Work e-mail are set for user.
\par - The SIP address is obtained from active directory and in SharePoint it imported when we do a profile import.
\par - If we are not importing the profile in SharePoint and we manually adding the profile then we have to manually enter the SIP address.
\par - To add the SIP address manually
\par o Go to Shared Services Administration: <shared service provider name associated to your application> > User Profile and Properties > View User Profiles
\par o Click Edit a user profile and check the SIP Address field and if this blank enter the SIP address.
\par - If you manually edit the SIP address, we need to wait for some time (usually 5 minutes) for the change to be reflected before it is synchronized to the MOSS data.
\par - Then we should see that the SIP address and Work e-mail is populated in people and groups correctly.
\par - Now we can configure the Site user web parts and check if it displays the status correctly.
\par
\par If you have any questions, please let me know. I am glad to be of assistance.
\par
\par Regards,
\par
\par Ada Pan
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par ====================================================
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par ====================================================
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_08323D6A--

On Friday, March 07, 2008 6:29 AM
ee61r wrote:

Hi,We do not have the users SIP address field populated in AD, so I have
Hi,

We do not have the users SIP address field populated in AD, so I have
manually added it in for a test user.

The presence is now displayed correctly in the 'Site Users' web part for my
test user.

Is there something special about the way the 'Site Users' web part has been
coded? All other web parts I have used display presence OK, without having
the users SIP address populated.

(you can see this from the screenshot I emailed you??)

We are running OCS in a seperate forest right now, so users have 2 accounts
- 1 for Windows, the other for OCS - we match the email addresses in live
with the SIP address in the OCS forest.

I will see if I can find a way of populating SharePoint profiles data from
the OCS forest just for the SIP address field.

Rob

"Ada Pan [MSFT]" wrote:

On Monday, March 10, 2008 2:52 AM
v-adapa wrote:

RE: 'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
------=_NextPart_0001_171EDA32

Hello Rob,

I am glad to know we have made some progress.

As you may know, to display online status, the presence feature uses a
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address to communicate with the instant
messaging client. If a SIP address is not available, a .NET address (MSN
Messenger) or an Exchange Instant Messaging address (Windows Messenger) can
be configured on an individual basis. However, only SIP addresses can take
advantage of additional presence features, such as the ability to send and
receive e-mail and to display free/busy information from the online status
indicator.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

Plan presence integration (Office SharePoint Server)

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

------=_NextPart_0001_171EDA32

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Verdana;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Rob,
\par
\par I am glad to know we have made some progress.
\par
\par As you may know, to display online status, the presence feature uses a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address to communicate with the instant messaging client. If a SIP address is not available, a .NET address (MSN Messenger) or an Exchange Instant Messaging address (Windows Messenger) can be configured on an individual basis. However, only SIP addresses can take advantage of additional presence features, such as the ability to send and receive e-mail and to display free/busy information from the online status indicator.
\par
\par For more information, please refer to the following article:
\par
\par Plan presence integration (Office SharePoint Server)
\par http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262338.aspx
\par
\par If you have any questions, please let me know.
\par
\par Regards,
\par
\par Ada Pan
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par ====================================================
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par ====================================================
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_171EDA32--

On Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:57 AM
ee61r wrote:

Hi,I do not understand why only the 'Site Users' web part is affected?
Hi,

I do not understand why only the 'Site Users' web part is affected?

Presence works ok on the rest of our environment, and we did not populate
the SIP address field at all.

Is there a bug in the 'Site Users' web part code??

Rob

"Ada Pan [MSFT]" wrote:

On Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:21 AM
v-adapa wrote:

RE: 'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
------=_NextPart_0001_0290651C

Hello Rob,

Based on my knowledge and testing, the presence information doesn't depend
on the SharePoint environment:

- If I add a user from the AD and if he has SIP address configured, it
would automatically show the presence information on the SharePoint site.
- You don't need to configure anything on the SharePoint site for it.

So this is pointing towards checking with LCS admin to see how to get SIP
address with all these users.

Also, you can try to use the Members web part to check the issue to see if
the presence works if a user doesn't have the SIP address in the profile
imported into SharePoint.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I am glad to be of
assistance.

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

------=_NextPart_0001_0290651C

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Verdana;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Rob,
\par
\par Based on my knowledge and testing, the presence information doesn't depend on the SharePoint environment:
\par
\par - If I add a user from the AD and if he has SIP address configured, it would automatically show the presence information on the SharePoint site.
\par - You don't need to configure anything on the SharePoint site for it.
\par
\par So this is pointing towards checking with LCS admin to see how to get SIP address with all these users.
\par
\par Also, you can try to use the Members web part to check the issue to see if the presence works if a user doesn't have the SIP address in the profile imported into SharePoint.
\par
\par If you have any questions, please let me know. I am glad to be of assistance.
\par
\par Regards,
\par
\par Ada Pan
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par ====================================================
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par ====================================================
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0290651C--

On Monday, March 17, 2008 4:30 AM
v-adapa wrote:

RE: 'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
------=_NextPart_0001_E0B0C513

Hello Rob,

How are you?

I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know
how things are going there. Please let me know if there is anything else I
can do further assistance.

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support
------=_NextPart_0001_E0B0C513

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Verdana;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Rob,
\par
\par How are you?
\par
\par I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going there. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do further assistance.
\par
\par Regards,
\par
\par Ada Pan
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par ====================================================
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par ====================================================
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_E0B0C513--

On Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:03 PM
Yongju wrote:

Has anybody figured it out yet.
Has anybody figured it out yet.

Can anyone give me some help on how to fix the Site Users Web Parts???
presence problem. It???s really flaky (Some time works, Some time not). What???s
the key points to make it work stably. Have you guys figured it out.

Thank you very much for your help!

Please email me: yongjunshang(a)hotmail.com

"Ada Pan [MSFT]" wrote:

On Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:16 PM
kamal Govindasamy wrote:

'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
In order to display the presence icon, you have to have office installed.

Office 2003 / 20007.

See for more information:

- Kamal

On Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:18 PM
kamal Govindasamy wrote:

aa
Install office 2003/2007 on the client machine and see, It will work.

On Thursday, May 01, 2008 1:28 AM
Mike Walsh wrote:

Why the change of subject ?
Why the change of subject ?

It would also help if you quoted the message you are replying to.

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com / http://wss.collutions.com
no questions by e-mail please

kamal Govindasamy wrote:

On Monday, May 05, 2008 1:38 PM
Steve wrote:

'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
I have gone through all your suggestions and still I have no luck.

History:
It was working on our SharePoint 2007 site with SIP IM and Office 2007.
I am the only one it does not work for at this time, fortunitly I am a Administrator. :>)

I have also tried to reinstall IM and Office 2007.

Suggestion? Is there a Registry setting that might be affected?

Steve

On Monday, May 05, 2008 1:52 PM
Steve wrote:

'Site Users' web part - should it display presence icon?
Update:
Presence also does not show in any Office product so its not just SharePoint here.

Steve

On Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:31 AM
Heiko Hatzfeld wrote:

Same problem here...
Hello

I am having the same Problem.

The SmartTag is displayed right next to a listentry, but it is missing for the same person the the Members Webpart.

Any clue whats going on here?

Thanks

Heiko

On Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:25 PM
rosencrantz wrote:

Presence icon, SIP, and the Site Users Web Part
Hello Heiko and Steve,

If the presence icon is working on other computers, then the problem is workstation related, not server related.

The easiest way to fix a workstation where the presence icon has stopped working is to unregister and register the DLL file that controls it. I use the following script for Office 2003:

c:
cd "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11"
regsvr32 -u owssupp.dll
pause
regsvr32 owssupp.dll

To Ada Pan:

You never answered Rob's last question. I will quote him for accuracy:

<<
I do not understand why only the 'Site Users' web part is affected?

Presence works ok on the rest of our environment, and we did not populate
the SIP address field at all.

Is there a bug in the 'Site Users' web part code??

The presence icon works everywhere else in SharePoint without a SIP address, but it doesn't on the Site Users web part. I would also like to know why.

Thanks,

-Rosencrantz

On Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:19 AM
venkatesh suragana wrote:

the user status is not displayed
Hi,

I am also using the site online users webpart, I have done all those as you mentioned like create users profile sip and email address and that are displayed in my site group also, but the problem is the users status is not displayed, when i move the cursor to the user name it shows a icon only.
Please reply for this

Thanks to all

On Friday, January 08, 2010 1:30 PM
jane doe wrote:

Still having problems..
I'm still having problems with the status not displaying correctly. I have communicator on so I know the 'real' status of people - unfortunately, the web part shows everyone offline. However, it shows if their busy and when they are free, their email address, and other information. It also has the option to 'Sign In To Instant Messaging' - but I'm on communicator so I'm not sure why it's asking that. In addition, if I log off Communicator, the offline status disappears...any thoughts or ideas??

On Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:44 AM
Krishnaveni Dintakurthi wrote:

Contact Details web part not showing presence correctly
Hi,
We have Contact Details web part throughout the site collection. For one person, who is Available(Online) at the moment, SharePoint Contact Details web part is showing White color status(Presence Unknown) for some sites and Green color status(Available) for some sites.

So this is not the problem of OCS 2007, as it is showing presence for some sites correctly.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

On Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:49 AM
Krishnaveni Dintakurthi wrote:

Presence indicator not working correctly with Contact Details web part
Hi,
We have Contact Details web part throughout the site collection. For one person who is available at the moment, presence indicator is showing White color icon(Presence Unknown) for some sites and Green color icon(Available) for some other sites in Contact Details web part.

I think this is not the problem with Office 2007 or OCS 2007 as it is showing presence for some sites correctly.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance,
Krishnaveni.

Sending SMTP email from within BizTalk Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9dd0f346-baf9-4674-a50f-1716445b26bc/sending-smtp-email-from-w.aspx