From: Pegasus [MVP] on
On my previous installation of Outlook 2003 I used to have mail folders,
contact folders and the calendar all listed arranged on the left side under
my mailbox (see below). Since re-installing Outlook 2003 on a Windows 7
machine my contacts and my calendar are shown as buttons at the bottom of
the folder list. So far I have been unable to get them back into the folder
list. Is it possible, and if so, how?

FNL Mail Folder
Calendar
Contacts
Deleted Items
Drafts
Inbox
etc.

From: Russ Valentine on
Why don't you just click the Folder View button at the bottom of the
Navigation Pane?
--
Russ Valentine

From: Pegasus [MVP] on
Great, this was it! I actually had to tick the button labelled "Folder
List", which restored the list of folders. Under older versions of Outlook
this menu item used to reside under the View pull-down menu, which is where
I kept looking in vain.

Thanks for your help!

From: Russ Valentine on
But you said weren't using an older version. You went from Outlook 2003 to
2003, right?
I suspect you'd just forgotten that you'd reset Outlook 2003's default view
(Mail View) to Folder List view on the old installation.
--
> Great, this was it! I actually had to tick the button labelled "Folder
> List", which restored the list of folders. Under older versions of Outlook
> this menu item used to reside under the View pull-down menu, which is
> where I kept looking in vain.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> "Russ Valentine" <russval(a)mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Why don't you just click the Folder View button at the bottom of the
>> Navigation Pane?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Pegasus [MVP]" <news(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> On my previous installation of Outlook 2003 I used to have mail folders,
>>> contact folders and the calendar all listed arranged on the left side
>>> under my mailbox (see below). Since re-installing Outlook 2003 on a
>>> Windows 7 machine my contacts and my calendar are shown as buttons at
>>> the bottom of the folder list. So far I have been unable to get them
>>> back into the folder list. Is it possible, and if so, how?
>>>
>>> FNL Mail Folder
>>> Calendar
>>> Contacts
>>> Deleted Items