From: 2Sweet on
In MS Exchange 2003 Server,

Is it possible for an administrator to view a particular email content sent
by a company user? Or 3rd party tools/utility?

The purpose of doing so, eg. suspect a user sent out offense/attack email.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
(1) The administrator can grant himself rights to the company user's mailbox
and log into that mailbox. The administrator's action might be detected by
the user if he makes any changes. (2) The administrator can restore the
database from some point in time to an off-network recovery server and look
at the mail in a similar fashion if it is believed that the message might
have been deleted, and/or to reduce the risk of being detected by the user.
Or the administrator can use a tool like Ontrack PowerControls or Quest
Recovery Manager to restore selected messages from a backup. (3) The
administrator can examine the messages sent using Message Tracking, but that
will not show the content, just the header information.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: 2Sweet on
If the sender deleted the email instantly from the "Sent Items" and trash
after send out the email. I would be able to trace it.
Sender can denied whatever he had did.

From: John Elliot on
We use a third party tool called Xeams (http://xeams.com), which does a
very good job of message archiving and searching. You can use it along
with your Exchange. Xeams allows policy violation alerts that searches
for some predefined contents in incoming or outgoing email and sends an
alert to administrator if company policy gets violated.

JE.

From: Asher_N on
"2Sweet" <chongcmw(a)hotmail.com> wrote in

> If the sender deleted the email instantly from the "Sent Items" and
> trash after send out the email. I would be able to trace it.
> Sender can denied whatever he had did.
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
>> (1) The administrator can grant himself rights to the company user's
>> mailbox and log into that mailbox. The administrator's action might
>> be detected by the user if he makes any changes. (2) The
>> administrator can restore the database from some point in time to an
>> off-network recovery server and look at the mail in a similar fashion
>> if it is believed that the message might have been deleted, and/or to
>> reduce the risk of being detected by the user. Or the administrator
>> can use a tool like Ontrack PowerControls or Quest Recovery Manager
>> to restore selected messages from a backup. (3) The administrator
>> can examine the messages sent using Message Tracking, but that will
>> not show the content, just the header information.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral
>> problems." .
>>
>> "2Sweet" <cmchong20(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> In MS Exchange 2003 Server,
>>>
>>> Is it possible for an administrator to view a particular email
>>> content sent by a company user? Or 3rd party tools/utility?
>>>
>>> The purpose of doing so, eg. suspect a user sent out offense/attack
>>> email.

After the deleted folder is emptied, th emails are kept on the server for
a predetermined amount of time, default 30 days.

Server could also have message journalling on, copying every in and
outbound emails in real time.