From: Michael Moser on
What I find increasingly annoying with my tablet is, that sometimes in
Explorer the context menu on items (files, folders) is not showing up. I.e.
I put my pen onto an object and wait for the wait-cursor (the rotating
"donut") to complete its round but then nothing happens. Even after 10
seconds or so nothing pops up. I then usually have to try several times,
sometimes I also try clicking the mouse button (which I configured to
correspond to a right click, which definitely should bring up the context
menu) and still nothing happens. Usually then "somewhen", i.e. at the 5th or
so attempt, the context menu finally appears.

What could cause this? I find this most annoying and disrupting my workflow!

Michael

From: Jaime on
When you get the "donut", are you then lifting the pen away from the screen?
You shouldn't be waiting once you get the "donut".

You didn't say what tablet you have, but my HP has a pen button that can be
programmed as the right click, perhaps yours can, then you don't need to
wait.
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

From: Michael Moser on

"Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When you get the "donut", are you then lifting the pen away from the
> screen? You shouldn't be waiting once you get the "donut".

No, I leave the pen on the screen, i.e. equivalent to "left mouse button
down".

> You didn't say what tablet you have, but my HP has a pen button that can
> be programmed as the right click, perhaps yours can, then you don't need
> to wait.

I have a MotionComputing LE 1700, but I'ld argue it has nothing to do with
HW since "normally" the context menu pops up as expected, only sometimes the
system gets into some mode (or maybe it's a mood?) where it doesn't. If you
read my append to the end, you'ld see, that I have my pen-button configured
exactly as you suggest and still the context menu sometimes doesn't show up
(neither after resting the pen on the screen NOR if I click that
pen-button.over an object).

M.

From: Jaime on
You missed my point, you **shouldn't be** holding it down.

The way it works, is to move the pen away from the screen, once the donut
appears and you will see the context menu.
--
James Wolf [MS-MVP]
Orlando, FL

From: Michael Moser on

"Jaime" <jaimelobo(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You missed my point, you **shouldn't be** holding it down.
>
> The way it works, is to move the pen away from the screen, once the donut
> appears and you will see the context menu.
> --

Yes, I know. But that's my point or rather my complaint: Normally it *does*
behave that way, but if it's in that mood it doesn't.
Neither, if I lift the pen directly after the "donut" appears (which - I
agree - is the normal and "expected" behavior), nor if I wait until it has
finished a circle nor if I wait even longer...

Michael