From: Malc Payne on
I am trying to control a scanner from within Access, allowing users to select
account details etc. and scan documents for storage and later retrieval. I
have been checking out a number of products that claim to allow this, but
never quite achieve was I want. I've looked at ScanDLL50 from Informatik
which is an activeX control but am not sure if this will work with Access.
Has anyone used this product and if so, can you tell me how to use it?
From: PC Datasheet on
Have you looked at --
http://www.leadtools.com/
http://www.pegasusimaging.com/scanning.htm
http://www.twain.org/

Then consider this ---
Look at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a332a77a-01b8-4de6-91c2-b7ea32537e29&DisplayLang=en#filelist

Set Reference to: Microsoft Windows Image Acquisition Library v2.0

Public Function scan()

Dim objDlg As Object
Dim objMgr As Object
Dim i As Integer

Set objDlg = CreateObject("WIA.CommonDialog")
Set objMgr = CreateObject("WIA.DeviceManager")

For i = 1 To objMgr.DeviceInfos.Count
Debug.Print objMgr.DeviceInfos(i).Properties("Name").Value & vbCrLf _
& "[ " & objMgr.DeviceInfos(i).DeviceID & " ]"
Next

End Function

Note: Then WIAAutSDK readme file says:

"The Windows Image Acquisition Library v2.0 is only designed to support the
PNG, BMP, JPG, GIF and TIFF image formats. It should not be relied upon to
support other formats, though they may appear to be supported depending on
system configuration."

Some helpful sites:

http://www.ilixis.com/developer/modi.html

http://home.earthlink.net/~ritter/tiff/#whatis

---
PC Datasheet
Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
Over 1125 users have come to me from the newsgroups requesting help
resource(a)pcdatasheet.com

From: StopThisAdvertising on

"PC Datasheet" <nospam(a)nospam.spam> schreef in bericht news:sdmKf.1180$S25.67(a)newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...

--
To Steve:
Over 380 users from the newsgroups have visited the website to read what kind of a 'resource' you are...

To the original poster:

Most people here have a common belief that the newsgroups are for *free exchange of information*.
But Steve is a notorious job hunter in these groups, always trying to sell his services.

Before you intend to do business with him look at:
http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html

Arno R