From: Steve on
I need to create a public workstation that will only display our website and
allow access to no other websites. Our router doesn't have any website
filtering, so I am wondering if there is an XP file that I can modify to
prevent access via IE to any but one website that I specify (i'd prefer not
to have to purchase netnanny or something like that). ALSO, how can I modify
the Start Menu so that the user has no options if they right click on the
start button, I want to remove the Run command, control panel, pretty much
everything but Internet Explorer. Please advise - Thanks.
From: news.online.no on
Providing you are using XP Pro the windows configuration can all be managed
using group policy editor
click [Start] [Run] and type [gpedit.msc]

As for the web site restriction I will pass on that question.

Dave.

"Steve" <Steve(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to create a public workstation that will only display our website
> and
> allow access to no other websites. Our router doesn't have any website
> filtering, so I am wondering if there is an XP file that I can modify to
> prevent access via IE to any but one website that I specify (i'd prefer
> not
> to have to purchase netnanny or something like that). ALSO, how can I
> modify
> the Start Menu so that the user has no options if they right click on the
> start button, I want to remove the Run command, control panel, pretty much
> everything but Internet Explorer. Please advise - Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: ICH10R patch?
Next: SIGNING ON