From: M.O.B. i L. on
Is it possible to convert an old PC gamepad (for connector on
sound-card) into a C64 joystick. Preferably one should only need to make
a converter using two D-sub connectors.
From: Nick on
On May 2, 10:15 am, "M.O.B. i L." <mika...(a)df.lth.se> wrote:
> Is it possible to convert an old PC gamepad (for connector on
> sound-card) into a C64 joystick. Preferably one should only need to make
> a converter using two D-sub connectors.

You can use a comparator to convert the voltages to digital signals
(http://www.64hdd.com/projects/c64-proj3.html), or you can use a smart
chip running code as with 64JPX (orange) http://www.64hdd.com/64jpx/64jpx.html.

Cheers,
Nick
From: M.O.B. i L. on
Nick @ 64HDD wrote:
> On May 2, 10:15 am, "M.O.B. i L." <mika...(a)df.lth.se> wrote:
>> Is it possible to convert an old PC gamepad (for connector on
>> sound-card) into a C64 joystick. Preferably one should only need to make
>> a converter using two D-sub connectors.
>
> You can use a comparator to convert the voltages to digital signals
> (http://www.64hdd.com/projects/c64-proj3.html), or you can use a smart
> chip running code as with 64JPX (orange) http://www.64hdd.com/64jpx/64jpx.html.

I see that you cannot just use a plug-converter, but I will probably
build one of these.