From: Payton Byrd on
OK, what is it? It's a Norton-Commander-like file manager for the c64
and c128 (has separate binaries for each platform). You can read all
the details as well as download the D64 release and all the source
code at:

<http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com/>

I'm looking for any and all feedback. This is a VERY rough first
public alpha version. At best it's a toy right now, but it's been
growing by leaps and bounds over the last two weeks and I'm sure will
grow a lot more over the coming weeks.

Thanks for your time!

Payton Byrd
-----------
http://www.paytonbyrd.com
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/paytonbyrd
From: Jonno Downes on
On May 2, 1:14 pm, Payton Byrd <plb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for any and all feedback.  This is a VERY rough first
> public alpha version.  At best it's a toy right now, but it's been
> growing by leaps and bounds over the last two weeks and I'm sure will
> grow a lot more over the coming weeks.

The first suggestion is you need some more docs - I've downloaded and
booted the d64 in Vice, and am now looking at a screen that says:

LEFT FILE OPTIONS SCREEN RIGHT
Screen Size 40,25

with no idea what to do next :-)

From: Payton Byrd on
On May 2, 1:28 am, Jonno Downes <jonno...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 2, 1:14 pm, Payton Byrd <plb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for any and all feedback.  This is a VERY rough first
> > public alpha version.  At best it's a toy right now, but it's been
> > growing by leaps and bounds over the last two weeks and I'm sure will
> > grow a lot more over the coming weeks.
>
> The first suggestion is you need some more docs - I've downloaded and
> booted the d64 in Vice, and am now looking at a screen that says:
>
> LEFT FILE OPTIONS SCREEN RIGHT
> Screen Size 40,25
>
> with no idea what to do next :-)

Sorry. You use the C= key with the menu names to bring up the menus,
such as C= L for the left menu, etc.
From: Pinacolada on
Bug:

Use cursor keys, they show up in the status bar. Now access menus with
C= key combinations. Menu text is gibberish:

/6_Me /6,Me

Question:

How do you choose the drive number after you've selected "Left
drive..."? Return seems to do nothing, and I can't escape from that
menu, which forces a reboot/SYS 2061.
From: Payton Byrd on
On May 2, 12:12 pm, Pinacolada <sym.rsherw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Bug:
>
> Use cursor keys, they show up in the status bar. Now access menus with
> C= key combinations. Menu text is gibberish:
>
> /6_Me             /6,Me

This happens when you try to run the application a second time after
it crashes or you quit from it.

The keys showing up in the status bar is debug code for me to know
when a key was pressed outside the context of a menu. That'll become
the DOS Shell hook at a later date.

> Question:
>
> How do you choose the drive number after you've selected "Left
> drive..."? Return seems to do nothing, and I can't escape from that
> menu, which forces a reboot/SYS 2061.

To load a drive you hit C= L/R (left or right), then select "Drive"
and that brings up the list of drives. Once you select a drive then
either the left panel or right panel (depending on which menu was
chosen) is populated with the directory of that drive.

I know, things in this program work quite differently than most C=
software. I'm trying to stick to modern conventions as much as
possible.