From: Alan T on
C#.

How do I convert today's date as a double type value?

I tried:

double weekOf;

weekOf = ToDouble(DateTime.Today);

Response.Write(weekOf.ToString());

It displayed:

2.xxxxE-266

That is a very, very small frational number.

From: Harlan Messinger on
Alan T wrote:
> C#.
>
> How do I convert today's date as a double type value?
>
> I tried:
>
> double weekOf;
>
> weekOf = ToDouble(DateTime.Today);

This can't be what you tried because it wouldn't have compiled. And if
you had tried

weekOf = Convert.ToDouble(DateTime.Today)

you would have gotten an InvalidCastException, according to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hfdd1sd9.aspx.

> Response.Write(weekOf.ToString());
>
> It displayed:
>
> 2.xxxxE-266
>
> That is a very, very small frational number.

Even if you had gotten a result from whatever it is you tried, why would
you expect it to have any particular value, or magnitude of value, given
that there is no relationship between doubles and DateTimes?

Pages: 1
Prev: csharp group
Next: DropDownList selected value