From: xBeckx on
Hi
I have imported a file where there is a field that is suposed to contain a
date. It was transformed in text, like 22FEB2010. I need to treat this field
as date. How can i transform it in a date format?
Tks
From: Glenn on
xBeckx wrote:
> Hi
> I have imported a file where there is a field that is suposed to contain a
> date. It was transformed in text, like 22FEB2010. I need to treat this field
> as date. How can i transform it in a date format?
> Tks

Copy a blank cell. Select your "dates". Edit / Paste Special / Values / Add /
OK. Result will be a 5 digit number. Select date format as desired.
From: Gord Dibben on
Another method.

Data>Text to Columns>Finish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 17 May 2010 09:56:01 -0700, xBeckx
<xBeckx(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>I have imported a file where there is a field that is suposed to contain a
>date. It was transformed in text, like 22FEB2010. I need to treat this field
>as date. How can i transform it in a date format?
>Tks

Pages: 1
Prev: Looping Format
Next: Need help with if function