From: Richard Cini on
I came across a box of my old Commodore cassette tapes and I want to convert
them for use with VICE. I downloaded tape64 which looks like it will convert
WAV files to TAP files for the emulator, and I'm making WAV files using
Audacity.

I've connected a computer cassette deck (Tandy CCR-82 I think) to the line
input of the PC and I'm getting audio just fine but tape64 isn't able to
convert what's there, even after playing with some of the custom settings.
So, I'm interested in hearing how others have done this.

Thanks.
Rich
Collector of classic computers

Lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator

Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/

Web site: http://www.altair32.com/

/***************************************************/

From: johnONE on

"Richard Cini" <rcini(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>I came across a box of my old Commodore cassette tapes and I want to
>convert them for use with VICE. I downloaded tape64 which looks like it
>will convert WAV files to TAP files for the emulator, and I'm making WAV
>files using Audacity.

Assuming you don't just want to do the conversion for the "fun of it", why
don't you just download already converted programs from the 'net?

From: Richard Cini on
Well, many of the tapes I found were my own programs from when I used my
VIC-20 back in 1982 so I doubt they would be available anywhere.

I did spend some time yesterday making a parallel port cable (X1531) cable
which connects to a real Commodore cassette deck. This cable, in combination
with the mtap software, worked perfectly. I had almost zero success making
WAV files and converting them with tape64.

From: Varga Viktor on

Richard Cini wrote:
> I came across a box of my old Commodore cassette tapes and I want to convert
> them for use with VICE. I downloaded tape64 which looks like it will convert
> WAV files to TAP files for the emulator, and I'm making WAV files using
> Audacity.

my ultimate taping configuration is:
Win 98 in DOS mode
tapload
X1531cable
1531 datasette

tapload has an option like the old head justage software had, so it is
usefull to tune your datasett for the tape

i never had success with mtap

Viktor

From: xc8/bRONx on
Hi,

I may be "out" of topic.. but is there any program that converts tap
files to wav ?

There is one for the speccy and I managed to convert -just for fun-
some tape files back to real tapes.. but I still looking one for the
commy..

TIA