From: Tom Willett on

:
: Is there an open ended xp product that I can buy to go in and manually
: install on all these computers? I know POS but the upper end OS stuff
: I'm not.

Windows XP is no longer available for purchase.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What Tom said.

I'm very familiar with such POS & restaurant operations, which explains my
100% gray/white hair & beard at 40 years of age. <wink>

From: Leythos on
In article <uXEC0v65KHA.420(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com says...

> :
> : Is there an open ended xp product that I can buy to go in and manually
> : install on all these computers? I know POS but the upper end OS stuff
> : I'm not.
>
> Windows XP is no longer available for purchase.

I believe if you purchase the Volume License version you get free
downgrade rights and that XP Prof is still available as a download from
the volume license site.

If the computers are all the same, or mostly all the same, I would
create a few base images, completely working, and then ghost the image
to a USB drive, then restore the image onsite at each location.

Trust yourself.