From: Steve Weiler Steve on
I have a new Windows 7 laptop and am consideing converting my Thunderbird
email to Outlook 2007 but don't know how. I've read a few posts about using
Outlook Express as a go-between to convert, but Win 7 PC's don't have OE or
any other native email program.
From: Gordon on

"Steve Weiler" <Steve Weiler(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new Windows 7 laptop and am consideing converting my Thunderbird
> email to Outlook 2007 but don't know how. I've read a few posts about
> using
> Outlook Express as a go-between to convert, but Win 7 PC's don't have OE
> or
> any other native email program.

What quantity of email are we talking about?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Steve Weiler" <Steve Weiler(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have a new Windows 7 laptop and am consideing converting my Thunderbird
> email to Outlook 2007 but don't know how. I've read a few posts about using
> Outlook Express as a go-between to convert, but Win 7 PC's don't have OE or
> any other native email program.

You should be able to install Windows Live Mail and use it for the conversion.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]