From: Kaspir Ghost on
> IMO = "In My Opinion"
>
> But I'd suggest you use anything but CGI.

Well What exactly would you suggest then.

> I meant, where in the world would you get the idea that "with cgi you
> cannot use HTML5."

Because I was reading about escaping HTML with .cgi and it didn't say
you could use HTML5. Only 3 and several versions of 4.

From: Hassan Schroeder on
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Kaspir Ghost <trevor(a)nugendesign.com> wrote:

>> But I'd suggest you use anything but CGI.
>
> Well What exactly would you suggest then.

See previous "light weight framework" comment.

>> I meant, where in the world would you get the idea that "with cgi you
>> cannot use HTML5."
>
> Because I was reading about escaping HTML with .cgi and it didn't say
> you could use HTML5. Only 3 and several versions of 4.

"Only 3 and "... Wow. URL? That would have to be from

"When Webosaurs Walked the Earth"

Seriously, check the dates on your sources. I'd take anything more
than a couple of years old with a grain of salt :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder(a)gmail.com
twitter: @hassan

From: Kaspir Ghost on
>>> But I'd suggest you use anything but CGI.
>>
>> Well What exactly would you suggest then.
>
> See previous "light weight framework" comment.

Ok thank you.
>>> I meant, where in the world would you get the idea that "with cgi you
>>> cannot use HTML5."
>>
>> Because I was reading about escaping HTML with .cgi and it didn't say
>> you could use HTML5. Only 3 and several versions of 4.
>
> "Only 3 and "... Wow. URL? That would have to be from
>
> "When Webosaurs Walked the Earth"
>
> Seriously, check the dates on your sources. I'd take anything more
> than a couple of years old with a grain of salt :-)

I didn't even think about checking the date for some odd reason haha. I
think it was in one of my books, but they're ebooks so it's very
possible they're outdated. You've cleared a lot up for me. Thanks!