From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 16:58 +0200, David Česal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to access (from CLI) some website, where login is required.
> Please, is it possible to set/save some cookies first (login session
> information) and then access the website as logged user? All through CLI.
>

> Thank you very much for any information.
>

> David Cesal

I don't believe cookies are available in a CLI script, they are a
construct of the browser/web server setup. Running PHP via the command
line is just like any other script over the command line.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Shawn McKenzie on
On 06/13/2010 09:58 AM, David Česal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to access (from CLI) some website, where login is required.
> Please, is it possible to set/save some cookies first (login session
> information) and then access the website as logged user? All through CLI.
>

> Thank you very much for any information.
>

> David Cesal

I'm almost positive you can do this with cURL and it should be fairly
simple. Check it out.

http://php.net/manual/en/book.curl.php

--
Thanks!
-Shawn
From: Richard Quadling on
2010/6/13 David Česal <David(a)cesal.cz>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to access (from CLI) some website, where login is required.
> Please, is it possible to set/save some cookies first (login session
> information) and then access the website as logged user? All through CLI.
>

> Thank you very much for any information.
>

> David Cesal

Beside cURL, you can also use stream contexts to get/set the cookie
for subsequent requests.

http://docs.php.net/stream_context_create
http://docs.php.net/stream_get_meta_data
http://docs.php.net/manual/en/context.http.php

Essentially, you create a context when you send the data (this will
allow you to POST data for a file_get_contents() call).

Then you get the meta data from the response.

Then you put the cookie you received into the context you will use to
continue in communication.

If you set up the default context in this way, then you don't need to
supply the context to every file command.

See the user notes on file_get_contents regarding routing calls
through an NTLM proxy. By creating a default context, all my code was
routed through an NTML proxy. PHP didn't support NTLM authentication
when I wrote the note (not sure it does yet, but my requirement
changed).

By using a default context, I have 1 place to edit any code (in my
auto_prepend.php script).

Richard.

--
-----