From: JCO on
Sometimes I do this but I get all sorts of errors. I know I need to move
the .cpp & .h that go with the dialog, to the new project but I'm not sure
what the procedure is for doing this. I seem to get all sorts of errors
such as ....
enum( ID = IDD_Dialog).

Is there a magic way of importing a dialog (and it's Class) from one project
to another?
Thanks

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
There are serious issues about the resource.h file. You can't just copy the .cpp and .h
files, because without PIECES of the resource.h file, they aren't going to be valid.

Why would you have a dialog whose ID was "IDD_Dialog". I'd suggest giving the dialong a
meaningful ID.

Usually I just open the .rc file from the source project, copy the dialog object, and
paste it into the new object. This takes care up updating the resource.h file.
joe

On Mon, 31 May 2010 19:11:42 -0500, "JCO" <someone(a)somewhere.com> wrote:

>Sometimes I do this but I get all sorts of errors. I know I need to move
>the .cpp & .h that go with the dialog, to the new project but I'm not sure
>what the procedure is for doing this. I seem to get all sorts of errors
>such as ....
>enum( ID = IDD_Dialog).
>
>Is there a magic way of importing a dialog (and it's Class) from one project
>to another?
>Thanks
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: JCO on
I do give the dialog better IDD names. I just used that as an example for
this post.
Thanks for the info on the Resource file. That was what I needed.