From: Tom on
I have a small compilation of data in cells A10:I24, same set up, but
different data on 6 sheets. In A10:A24 on each sheet are vendor names. I have
a 7th sheet that is a "summary" of the data associated with each row by
vendor.

On each sheet these vendors are in a different order (On a different line)
and may or may not exist on all the pages (Page 1 might have Vendor1, 2, and
3, while page 2 might have Vendor 2, 4, and 5).

My question is, is it possible for a script to "look" at each page, and copy
each vendor to this summary page, and then copy it's associated data (Numbers
in columns B through I) to that summary page in that vendor's row, without
creating duplicates (In other words, if the Vendor already exists on the
summary page, just add the numbers to what is already there)?

It would be a huge help if somoene can work through this headache and find a
solution for me, been bugging me for quite some time now!
From: Don Guillett on
Should be easy enough to do with a looping macro for each sheet that looks
for the name and then checks the summary sheet to do what is necessary.
However, maybe?? you could just have a summary sheet with a column to
identify the necessary code to use DATA>FILTER>AUTOFILTER.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Tom" <Tom(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a small compilation of data in cells A10:I24, same set up, but
> different data on 6 sheets. In A10:A24 on each sheet are vendor names. I
> have
> a 7th sheet that is a "summary" of the data associated with each row by
> vendor.
>
> On each sheet these vendors are in a different order (On a different line)
> and may or may not exist on all the pages (Page 1 might have Vendor1, 2,
> and
> 3, while page 2 might have Vendor 2, 4, and 5).
>
> My question is, is it possible for a script to "look" at each page, and
> copy
> each vendor to this summary page, and then copy it's associated data
> (Numbers
> in columns B through I) to that summary page in that vendor's row, without
> creating duplicates (In other words, if the Vendor already exists on the
> summary page, just add the numbers to what is already there)?
>
> It would be a huge help if somoene can work through this headache and find
> solution for me, been bugging me for quite some time now!

Pages: 1
Prev: Stop macro
Next: conditional formatting