From: Cbeckwith on
I have a text box (called ExtendedCost), that has a sum statement in it. I
want to copy the value on the exit control event to another text box control
(called WithdrawlAmount) on the same form and write the value into
WithdrawlAmount box on the Enter Event for the control box, so people don't
have to input the same number into the control box. Is there an easy way to
do this?
From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
If it's the same calculated value, just use the same expression.

Generally, don't store calculated values. Just perform the calculation as
needed.

If you need more help with this, describe in more detail what you are doing.
What is the "sum statement"? Is WithdrawalAmount a bound text box? I ask
because you mention writing the value to the text box, not to the table.

From: Jeff Boyce on
First a caution ...

You're describing copying the contents of one control into one/more other
controls. As long as you aren't trying to SAVE the value in multiple fields
in underlying table(s), no worries. That is, all those other controls would
be unbound...

In the AfterUpdate event, or the OnExit event from your first control, you
could use something like (untested):

Me!YourSecondControl = Me!YourFirstControl
Me!YourThirdControl = Me!YourFirstControl
Me!Your...

If, however, your other controls are bound to underlying fields in tables,
then reconsider. If you already know/have stored the value one time, what
rationale are you using to store it repeatedly?

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Daryl S on
Cbeckwith -

In the Enter event for the WithdrawlAmount control, add this:

If nz(Me.WithdrawlAmount,0) = 0 Then
Me.WithdrawlAmount = Me.ExtendedCost
End If

The if/then is to prevent a previously-entered value from being
over-written. If you want it always to be udpated when the field is entered,
then don't use the If/End If statements.

--
Daryl S

From: fredg on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:18:02 -0700, Cbeckwith wrote:

> I have a text box (called ExtendedCost), that has a sum statement in it. I
> want to copy the value on the exit control event to another text box control
> (called WithdrawlAmount) on the same form and write the value into
> WithdrawlAmount box on the Enter Event for the control box, so people don't
> have to input the same number into the control box. Is there an easy way to
> do this?

Regarding .. "to copy the value on the exit control event to another
text box control" ...
That doesn't make programming sense to me.

If the [WithdrawalAmount] value is always the same as the
[ExtendedCost] value and you wish to display that value in a different
text control, then

1) You can simply enter the same [ExtendedCost] control source
expression as it's control source?
or ....
2) You can refer to the [ExtendedCost] value:
=[ExtendedCost]

In either case there is no need to save in any table either the
[ExtendedCost] value nor the [WithdrawalAmount].
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.