From: Mike Williams on

"LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi Mike. Thanks for your post i did a google search on
> Larry Serflaten and although I did find some code I could
> not see copy data from a listbox to a folder on C:\.
> Do you have a link by any chance?

Well I don't actually have the link to hand but he is the self appointed
moderator of this group and so it would probably be best if you addressed
your question directly to him at serflaten(a)gmail.com

Mike

From: Kevin Provance on

"LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:
: Hi Dee
: Strange as it may seem I have never written any programs that open a
folder
: and post data to it.

Statements like that, no wonder you're having so much trouble. You don't
open a folder, post data and close a folder via code. You write data to the
path of a directory.

: The fact that I am a self taught novice sometimes makes it difficult to
get
: an answer from the internet which is why I use this forum.
: Just to expand a little further from my original post my listbox could
: contain around 100 entries to put them in a folder do I have to select
them
: one at a time or can I select all.

Items in a list box ae bytes of data that make up words. They are not items
you save to a folder you choose one at a time.

What Dee told you, you don't even need Google. It's VBs own help file.
Type any of of the following terms (Open, Print #, Close) into your code
window, click on the term with your cursor and press F1. This will activate
the help file and show you the documentation for basic file IO, probably
with some kind of example. If you can't understand it after that, the
Google those terms (ie - "Open file in VB6")

: If you can help further I would be grateful.

Asking someone to write the code for you, so you can cut and paste it in
your program doesn't each you a thing. What if you have to go back and
debug it? You won't understand what's going on which in turn would cause
you to come back here and ask why.

http://www.amazon.com/Visual-Basic-6-Dummies-Windows/dp/0764503707/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278107094&sr=8-1

I'd give you my copy, but it's targeted for VB3 and would be useless to you.

From: Larry Serflaten on

"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskeyAndCoke.com> wrote

> "LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Hi Mike. Thanks for your post i did a google search on
> > Larry Serflaten and although I did find some code I could
> > not see copy data from a listbox to a folder on C:\.
> > Do you have a link by any chance?
>
> Well I don't actually have the link to hand but he is the self appointed
> moderator of this group and so it would probably be best if you addressed
> your question directly to him at serflaten(a)gmail.com

Thats a new low for you Mike; deliberately misleading someone looking
for help. Why don't you just help the guy, or are you too far above such
a mundane task?

LFS

From: Kevin Provance on

"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskeyAndCoke.com> wrote in message
:
:
: Well I don't actually have the link to hand but he is the self appointed
: moderator of this group and so it would probably be best if you addressed
: your question directly to him at serflaten(a)gmail.com

Dude, where did that come from? Everybody know's that's *my* job. <eg>

Note: The previous statement drips with sarcasm for those who don't
understand that I've been accused of having that job many times from the
..Nxt evangelists.

From: Larry Serflaten on

"LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Hi
> Is it possible to copy from a listbox to a folder on c:\ drive?
> Could you please give code snippet to help me.
> Thank you

No it is not possible to copy text to a folder. All data is kept in
files, and files are the only things that can be copied to a folder.

> If no what if it is a textbox? is that possible?

Same answer, you send text to a file, not a folder. To list the
contents of a listbox, use its List property:

Dim i As Long
For i = 0 To List1.ListCount - 1
Debug.Print List1.List(i)
Next