From: Saine on
Dear,
I am not expert of exchange server, but now a days I am having problem and
needed help to resolve the issue.
Our Exchange was setup by 3rd party, now I noticed that whenever I sent an
email the copy of my email is being sent to an email account (which is local
account in our domain) to make the picture more clearer here are the details;
1. Any email sent by me is being sent to account ABC.Ourdomain.local
2. That “ABC” user account is existing in our Active Directory.
my question is how can I disable that option so that my emails are not being
sent to that address? in the future if I would like to enable this option how
it can be done?
here is my setup:
1. Active Directory is on Windows 2003 server.
2. Exchanger Server 2003 is also on Windows 2003 server (separate server)
Please help me step by step to resolve this issue!
Note: My Technical level is Assistant Network Administrator
Many Thanks,
SaiNe
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 23:38:44 -0700, Saine
<Saine(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear,
>I am not expert of exchange server, but now a days I am having problem and
>needed help to resolve the issue.
>Our Exchange was setup by 3rd party, now I noticed that whenever I sent an
>email the copy of my email is being sent to an email account (which is local
>account in our domain) to make the picture more clearer here are the details;
>1. Any email sent by me is being sent to account ABC.Ourdomain.local
>2. That �ABC� user account is existing in our Active Directory.
>my question is how can I disable that option so that my emails are not being
>sent to that address? in the future if I would like to enable this option how
>it can be done?
>here is my setup:
>1. Active Directory is on Windows 2003 server.
>2. Exchanger Server 2003 is also on Windows 2003 server (separate server)
>Please help me step by step to resolve this issue!

Check the properties page of the mailbox database. On the "General"
tab, is the "Archive all messages . . ." box checked? If it is,
there's probably a reason for it.

If it's not checked then have a look at the headers of on of the
messages in the "ABC" mailbox. Are the messages being sent back to
your server bo some other server (e.g. a 3rd-party server that does
perimeter security checking)?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP