From: Jason Murray on
Hi All

We are in the process of migrating our single exchange server 2003 to an
exchange server 2007. All went well except we are having problems migrating a
few of our public folders. After trying every possible suggestion we decided
to backup the public folders, recreate them on the 2007 exchange and import
the backed up pst.

We dismounted the public store on the 2003 server but now all outlook
clients cannot access public folders. The 2007 public folder store is mounted
but for some reason the outlook clients are looking to the public folder
store on 2003 exchange.
The error the clients are receiving is unable to access exchange server. The
mailbox store is fine and working on the exchange 2007.

Am i missing something? Do i need to do something to point the clients to
the 2007 exchange public store?

thanks
Jason
--
Jason Murray
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 20:03:52 -0700, Jason Murray
<JasonMurray(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>We are in the process of migrating our single exchange server 2003 to an
>exchange server 2007. All went well except we are having problems migrating a
>few of our public folders. After trying every possible suggestion we decided
>to backup the public folders, recreate them on the 2007 exchange and import
>the backed up pst.
>
>We dismounted the public store on the 2003 server but now all outlook
>clients cannot access public folders. The 2007 public folder store is mounted
>but for some reason the outlook clients are looking to the public folder
>store on 2003 exchange.

Is that the default public folder server for the E2K7 mailbox
database?

>The error the clients are receiving is unable to access exchange server. The
>mailbox store is fine and working on the exchange 2007.
>
>Am i missing something? Do i need to do something to point the clients to
>the 2007 exchange public store?

You do if the E2K3 public folder store is the default public folder
store for the E2K7 mailbox databases.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Jason Murray on
Hi Rich

Thanks for your help.

Where abouts in exchange 2003 do i change the default public folders to the
new exchange server 2007.

I tried doing this on the exchange 2007 server but the option is not there.

Thanks
Jason
--
Jason Murray

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 18:21:52 -0700, Jason Murray
<JasonMurray(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Rich
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Where abouts in exchange 2003 do i change the default public folders to the
>new exchange server 2007.
>
>I tried doing this on the exchange 2007 server but the option is not there.

Sure it is. It's on the "Client Settings" tab of each mailbox
database's property page.

Just another thing -- before you remove that last E2K3 server it's a
good idea to move the "Public Folders" (using the E2K3 ESM) from the
"Folders" in the the E2K3 Admin Group to the "Folders" in the Admin
Group "Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)".
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Jason Murray on
Hi Rich

I cant find it....

I am looking under server configuration --> mailbox --> then click on the
server followed by properties. The only tabs i have general, system settings
and messaging records management.

There is also no client settings tab under each individual mailbox.

Jason
--
Jason Murray