From: RRG on
Can anyone help? I am trying to copy cells across a row using the fill handle
that are referencing another sheet down a column. I am placing a "$" in front
of the letter as to not change it, but since I am copying across, the number
will not change. Is there any way to tell Excel that i want the number to
advance as I copy across?
From: Fred Smith on
If you want "the number" to advance as you copy across, then don't put a $
in front of it, as in:
=$A1*2

Regards,
Fred

From: Max on
What you seek is to transpose contents from a source col into a destination row
One way, in say Sheet1,
in B2: =INDEX(Sheet2!$A:$A,COLUMNS($A:A))
Copy B2 across as far as required. This links/returns the contents of
Sheet2's A1, A2, A3, etc in Sheet1's B2, B3, B4, etc. Joy? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
From: Gord Dibben on
Let's say in Sheet2 column A you have numbers 1 to 10 in A1:A10

You want them in Sheet1 from A1 to J1

Enter =INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&COLUMN(A1)) in A1 and drag across.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP