From: Dave Peterson on
If there are other formulas/macros (in any workbook) that use/expect the data on
a certain sheet, then those would be broken.

If the developer thought putting the data on an unprotected worksheet were a
solution, then it would make more sense (to me at least) to just unprotect the
original sheet.

But maybe the OP will find it alternative that she can embrace.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Tom-S on
I agree wholeheartedly that cross refs or links to other sheets or workbooks
could end up completely broken - but the original query didn't seem to me to
imply that was the case, otherwise adding new rows would have been a no go
straight from the start.

Also agree that unprotecting the original sheet may be simpler than
copy-pasting to a new workbook and letting the user develop further from
there. Nearly always more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.

Tom