From: Hector on
I have a mainform with products (and thier details) from a products table and
a subform showing ingredients (from an ingredients table).

I wish to select existing ingredient records from one subform and copy them
to so that they appear as ingredients in a new Mainform.

I have a selection box next to each of the ingredients to enable selection
but how do I "copy" these selections to the new record on the new mainform.

Do I use an append query to do this? Any guidance on doing this would be
great (not too experienced in this area).

Many Thanks

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:08:01 -0800, Hector <Hector(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a mainform with products (and thier details) from a products table and
>a subform showing ingredients (from an ingredients table).
>
>I wish to select existing ingredient records from one subform and copy them
>to so that they appear as ingredients in a new Mainform.
>
>I have a selection box next to each of the ingredients to enable selection
>but how do I "copy" these selections to the new record on the new mainform.
>
>Do I use an append query to do this? Any guidance on doing this would be
>great (not too experienced in this area).
>
>Many Thanks

The first thing to realize is that your forms are NOT where the ingredients
are stored: they're just windows. The data is stored in tables, and only in
tables!

That being the case... what are the Recordsource properties of the form and
subform? Do you want these ingredients to be *displayed on a new main form*
(an Access Form object, not a data repository)? or do you want to have them
added to a table listing the ingredients of a different product?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]