From: Herzl Regev on
On a working WinXP system, I got a message that a file, I think
c:/WINDOWS/system32/wbem/framedyn.dll, is corrupt. How can I verify that
claim and how can I restore that file?
From: Mark Adams on

"Herzl Regev" wrote:

> On a working WinXP system, I got a message that a file, I think
> c:/WINDOWS/system32/wbem/framedyn.dll, is corrupt. How can I verify that
> claim and how can I restore that file?

See the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114
From: Etaoin Shrdlu on

From: Herzl Regev on
"Mark Adams" wrote:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114

It says to get the file from %systemroot%\system32\dllcache. I don't know
the situation in the system that I'm trying to repair, but I don't have the
file there in my system (WinXP SP3). I have the file in four places: one
version in c:/WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$, and another in
c:/WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386,
c:/WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download.bak\bla, and
c:/WINDOWS\system32\wbem. Does that mean anything useful for the system that
I'm trying to remote control?
From: Etaoin Shrdlu on
On 4/2/2010 8:31 AM, Herzl Regev wrote:
> "Mark Adams" wrote:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114
>
> It says to get the file from %systemroot%\system32\dllcache. I don't know
> the situation in the system that I'm trying to repair, but I don't have the
> file there in my system (WinXP SP3). I have the file in four places: one
> version in c:/WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$, and another in
> c:/WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386,
> c:/WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download.bak\bla, and
> c:/WINDOWS\system32\wbem. Does that mean anything useful for the system that
> I'm trying to remote control?

Did you try the "Verify System Variables" solution on that KB page?