From: E/B on
Just realized in XP that I no longer can single click to open items.
Found the single click is 'grayed-out' in Folder Options and am stuck
with only double click. Must have made a change recently, but not
sufficiently knowledgeable to undo the dilemma. Help.

From: Elmo on
E/B wrote:
> Just realized in XP that I no longer can single click to open items.
> Found the single click is 'grayed-out' in Folder Options and am stuck
> with only double click. Must have made a change recently, but not
> sufficiently knowledgeable to undo the dilemma. Help.

Maybe this registry tweak:

233. Enable Single Click to Open an Item
330. Restore Single Click Underline Icons

Or try clicking the "Restore Defaults" button.

--
Joe =o)
From: Bernd on

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Just realized in XP that I no longer can single click to open items.
> Found the single click is 'grayed-out' in Folder Options and am stuck
> with only double click. Must have made a change recently, but not
> sufficiently knowledgeable to undo the dilemma. Help.

Look here:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/singleclickfolder.htm

Bernd
From: E/B on
Thanks, but I prefer the Classic Shell (and 'old stuff' like IE and OE6)
for my XP. Won't your suggestion lose that?
"Bernd" <fake(a)gmx.de> wrote in message
:
:
: -------- Original-Nachricht --------
:
: > Just realized in XP that I no longer can single click to open items.
: > Found the single click is 'grayed-out' in Folder Options and am
stuck
: > with only double click. Must have made a change recently, but not
: > sufficiently knowledgeable to undo the dilemma. Help.
: >
: >
:
: Look here:
:

From: Bernd on

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Thanks, but I prefer the Classic Shell (and 'old stuff' like IE and OE6)
> for my XP. Won't your suggestion lose that?

Try it out ;-)

Bernd