From: Francis on
Dear all,

I am trying to learn how to use of Cosmosmotion and I find a problem
in tutorial3 valvecam.
When I open the file tutorial3_valvecam_with_results.sldasm, the
simulation is running well until the full simulation time of 0.03 sec.
The simulation shows no interference. Just fine !
The problem is that when I cancel the results and restart the
simulation (without any change), it stops after 0.012 sec, and I can
see that the camshaft material interfers with the rocker material.
I really don't understand why. If somebody could do the same trial I
would be interested in his results. Any idea welcome.
Thanks in advance and best regards,

Francis
From: Eddie on
On Mar 31, 4:24 pm, Francis <yokedesi...(a)hotmail.fr> wrote:
> Dear all,

---<Clip
> The simulation shows no interference. Just fine !
> The problem is that when I cancel the results and restart the
> simulation (without any change), it stops after 0.012 sec, and I can
> see that the camshaft material interfers with the rocker material.
--->End Clip

Fancis,

The problem may be that when trying to restart, you are in fact in an
"interference" position. There is a checkbox for "Stop at
interference", so this may be coming into play.
Eddie
From: Francis on
Thank you Eddie for your comment.
I don't think that this maybe the reason because I restart from
original position at time 0. During restart, from time 0 to 0.012, the
motion is ok.
I would rather suspect some problem in the contact between the
camshaft and the rocker but I really don't understand why the
simulation is going well first time and not after restart.
If you have some time, I would appreciate your trial with this
tutorial3.
Thanks,
Francis
From: Francis on
No Cosmos Motion user ?
Any other forum for Cosmos Motion ?
Thanks for advise,
best regards
From: wurz on
On Apr 2, 9:13 pm, Francis <yokedesi...(a)hotmail.fr> wrote:
> No Cosmos Motion user ?
> Any other forum for Cosmos Motion ?
> Thanks for advise,
> best regards

You could try the Solidworks corporate forum at https://forum.solidworks.com..
There is an Animation/COSMOS Motion group there.

Martin