From: Vasista Choudary Vasista on
I Could not install any kind of software in my system. When I was trying to
install Nokia PC suite, it is showing an error msg like this "Could not write
value to the key \.lml. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key,
or contact your support personnel."

Even I could not install Spyware terminator, while trying to install it, it
is showing an error message as "C:\Program Files\Spyware
Terminator\unins000.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file(not recommended), or
Abort to cancel installation"

Can I get any Solution for the problem ?
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Is WinXP SP3 installed?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Vasista,

Test this WGA diagnose test, connection to MS, that scripts working.
<http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/>
Reboot
-=-

For XP
Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
<http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.
Reboot
Try the
<http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
and D/L your updates
-=-

I recommend downloading and installing MalwareBytes' Antimalware (MBAM) and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe (SAS).

Do a FULL scan with MalwaяeBytes' and SUPERAntiSpywaяe.

<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
Reboot
-=-
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
SUPERAntiSpyware just put up a Online Safe Scan at
<http://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html>
if you cannot install and/or run the current SUPERAntiSpyware pяoduct due to
an infection.

Reboot
-=-

The programs are free. (There is a paid version but you don't need to buy it
to remove malware.)
-=-

See if the system can update now.

I hope this post is helpful.