From: Bob I on
I prefer Copy and Delete to preclude issues like this. With the amount
of files being moved if you hit a bad file on the source, things can get
ugly in a hurry.

From: Yousuf Khan on
On 12/08/2010 11:14 AM, void.no.spam.com(a)gmail.com wrote:
> By later in the day, I meant several hours later. I wasn't sure how
> the cache gets flushed - if it is time based, or if it doesn't get
> flushed until the next time you try writing to the device. As for
> checking the data, it was about 40 hours worth of videos that I
> transferred - it'd take quite a while to verify that!

In a continuous operation like that, the cache gets flushed when memory
gets full. Depending on how many gigs of ram you have, that could be
anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes each.

Yousuf Khan