From: Iram on
Hello,

I have a report with the fields "Date","Catgory","Amount" and I have grouped
it by "Date" by day.

For each day I need to Count the indivudual categories. There are
approximately 22 categories that the records are categorized by. So I figured
that I would need to create 22 text box's each with their own variation of
their category such as somthing along the lines of the below but I need your
help. Please. How do I fix these? I will be placing these text boxes in the
"Date Footer". Thanks.

=Count([Category] if it is equal to 'Task ID'")
=Count([Category] if it is equal to 'ASAP'")
=Count([Category] if it is equal to 'Pay Type'")
=Sum([Amount]= if Category = RLSD)
etc...

Thanks.
Iram/mcp

From: Marshall Barton on
Iram wrote:
>I have a report with the fields "Date","Catgory","Amount" and I have grouped
>it by "Date" by day.
>
>For each day I need to Count the indivudual categories. There are
>approximately 22 categories that the records are categorized by. So I figured
>that I would need to create 22 text box's each with their own variation of
>their category such as somthing along the lines of the below but I need your
>help. Please. How do I fix these? I will be placing these text boxes in the
>"Date Footer".
>
>=Count([Category] if it is equal to 'Task ID'")
>=Count([Category] if it is equal to 'ASAP'")
>=Count([Category] if it is equal to 'Pay Type'")
>=Sum([Amount]= if Category = RLSD)
>etc...

That's kind of ugly, but try this kind of thing:

=Abs(Sum(Category = 'Task ID'))

Personally, I think I would create a query to count the
categories by date. THen create a little report with the
new query as its record source and drio in into your
report's date footer. At least this way you will pick up
any new categories without having to modify your report.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]