From: Nadine on
Col C has the formula. Joe User answered my question. Thank you.

From: Nadine on
Thanks so much Joe. I used the one to "count" and it worked perfectly. Now
I need to sum a different column based on the same condition used for the
"count". for those that meet the same criteria, I now need to sum col D.
Any ideas on that one? Thank you!!!

From: Joe User on
"Nadine" wrote:
> Now I need to sum a different column based on the
> same condition used for the "count". for those that
> meet the same criteria, I now need to sum col D.

Isn't that simply a modification to the "sum" formula that I already
provided, to wit:

=sumproduct((A1:A100=1)*(B1:B100="no"),D1:D100)

If that does not work for you, you will need to be more clear about your
requirements.

From: Nadine on
Here's what I want:
Sum all the amounts in column E if Col A=1 AND Col B=No. The formula is
being written in cell F2. I don't know how to write a SUMIF with 2
conditions that both need to be there. I know how to do it with the IF
formula but not SUMIF. Thanks.

From: Joe User on
"Nadine" wrote:
> Sum all the amounts in column E if Col A=1
> AND Col B=No.

First you say you want to sum column D; now you say column E. But really,
what difference does it make?

Try:

=sumproduct((A1:A100=1)*(B1:B100="no"),E1:E100)

If the issue is: you want to write A:A, B:B and E:E instead of explicit
ranges like A1:A100, B1:B100 and E1:E100, well, you cannot in Excel 2003. (I
believe someone has said you can in Excel 2007.)

If would still like to avoid explicit ranges (e.g. A1:A100), please
articulate that fact.

If that is not the issue, and if the above SUMPRODUCT does not work for you,
please explain why not. A concrete example might help.

> Sum all the amounts in column E if Col A=1 AND Col B=No. The formula is
> being written in cell F2. I don't know how to write a SUMIF with 2
> conditions that both need to be there. I know how to do it with the IF
> formula but not SUMIF. Thanks.
>
> "Joe User" wrote:
>
> > "Nadine" wrote:
> > > Now I need to sum a different column based on the
> > > same condition used for the "count". for those that
> > > meet the same criteria, I now need to sum col D.
> >
> > Isn't that simply a modification to the "sum" formula that I already
> > provided, to wit:
> >
> > =sumproduct((A1:A100=1)*(B1:B100="no"),D1:D100)
> >
> > If that does not work for you, you will need to be more clear about your
> > requirements.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Regression Formula