From: Whitney on
I have a tracking table (tbl_Tracker) that now contains date and time in one
field [Date] and agent name in another field [SLR]. I would like run a query
to do a count of number of records by agent by day. How do I set up the query
to recognize only the date and not the time.

I have Group By [SLR], Count [SLR] and Group By [Date], however it shows a
record for each date and specific time instead of grouping the whole day.

Then I need to build another query that looks at another table
(tbl_SL_Call_Stats) for number of calls handled [Handled] by day [Date] for a
date range and compare that to the above query for the number of tracks
[Tracked:Nz ([CountOfSLR]),0) by day for each agent [SLR].

Ex.
Date Name Handled Tracked
4/19/2010 Mary 20 15
4/19/2010 Bob 35 34
4/20/2010 Mary 29 29
4/20/2010 Bob 45 40
From: Marshall Barton on
Whitney wrote:

>I have a tracking table (tbl_Tracker) that now contains date and time in one
>field [Date] and agent name in another field [SLR]. I would like run a query
>to do a count of number of records by agent by day. How do I set up the query
>to recognize only the date and not the time.
>
>I have Group By [SLR], Count [SLR] and Group By [Date], however it shows a
>record for each date and specific time instead of grouping the whole day.
>
>Then I need to build another query that looks at another table
>(tbl_SL_Call_Stats) for number of calls handled [Handled] by day [Date] for a
>date range and compare that to the above query for the number of tracks
>[Tracked:Nz ([CountOfSLR]),0) by day for each agent [SLR].
>
>Ex.
>Date Name Handled Tracked
>4/19/2010 Mary 20 15
>4/19/2010 Bob 35 34
>4/20/2010 Mary 29 29
>4/20/2010 Bob 45 40

SELECT DateValue(datefield) As TheDate,
person, Count(*) as Tracked
FROM tbl_Tracker
GROUP BY DateValue(datefield), person

Not sure I follow what the other query is supposed to be
doing.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Whitney on
I don't understand your SQL code..
SELECT DateValue(datefield) As TheDate, person, Count(*) as Tracked
FROM tbl_Tracker
GROUP BY DateValue(datefield), person

This is what I have now:
SELECT tbl_Tracker.Date, tbl_Tracker.SLR, Count(tbl_Tracker.SLR) AS CountOfSLR
FROM tbl_Tracker
GROUP BY tbl_Tracker.Date, tbl_Tracker.SLR;

From: John Spencer on
SELECT Datevalue(tbl_Tracker.Date) as JustTheDate, tbl_Tracker.SLR,
Count(tbl_Tracker.SLR) AS CountOfSLR
FROM tbl_Tracker
GROUP BY DateValue(tbl_Tracker.Date), tbl_Tracker.SLR;

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Whitney wrote:
> I don't understand your SQL code..
> SELECT DateValue(datefield) As TheDate, person, Count(*) as Tracked
> FROM tbl_Tracker
> GROUP BY DateValue(datefield), person
>
> This is what I have now:
> SELECT tbl_Tracker.Date, tbl_Tracker.SLR, Count(tbl_Tracker.SLR) AS CountOfSLR
> FROM tbl_Tracker
> GROUP BY tbl_Tracker.Date, tbl_Tracker.SLR;
>

> "Marshall Barton" wrote:
>
>> Whitney wrote:
>>
>>> I have a tracking table (tbl_Tracker) that now contains date and time in one
>>> field [Date] and agent name in another field [SLR]. I would like run a query
>>> to do a count of number of records by agent by day. How do I set up the query
>>> to recognize only the date and not the time.
>>>
>>> I have Group By [SLR], Count [SLR] and Group By [Date], however it shows a
>>> record for each date and specific time instead of grouping the whole day.
>>>
>>> Then I need to build another query that looks at another table
>>> (tbl_SL_Call_Stats) for number of calls handled [Handled] by day [Date] for a
>>> date range and compare that to the above query for the number of tracks
>>> [Tracked:Nz ([CountOfSLR]),0) by day for each agent [SLR].
>>>
>>> Ex.
>>> Date Name Handled Tracked
>>> 4/19/2010 Mary 20 15
>>> 4/19/2010 Bob 35 34
>>> 4/20/2010 Mary 29 29

From: Marshall Barton on
I wasn't sure what fields you were really using so I just
used place holder names. Here's my attempt to translate
your query to waht I was saying:

SELECT DateValue(tbl_Tracker.Date),
tbl_Tracker.SLR,
Count(*) AS CountOfSLR
FROM tbl_Tracker
GROUP BY DateValue(tbl_Tracker.Date), tbl_Tracker.SLR

I used Count(*) instead of Count(tbl_Tracker.SLR) because *
counts all the records even if the SLR field contains Null
in some records and because it is a lot faster than counting
the non null values in a field.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]