From: Carolyn on
Thanks, Dave.

I have played with cell format without success. I have the same set up in
another workbook where both the range being counted and the count formula
cell are formated as text. That's what really puzzles me. I wouldn't expect
text to work but it seems to in the workbook I just described. The numbers
being counted in the workbook are now general and is the cell where the count
formula is. Also, the numbers in the range are referring to worksheets.
Those were text in the worksheet but I have changed them to general also. No
luck. And, CountA is returning a number.

From: Carolyn on
Thanks, Roger.

From: Roger Govier on
Hi Carolyn

If you would like to mail me a copy of the workbook, with a description
of your problem, I will be happy to take a look.

To mail direct
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Change the at and dots to make a valid email address
--
Regards
Roger Govier

From: Dave Peterson on
Remember that changing the numberformat isn't enough. You have to change the
value, too.

So do this on a couple of test cells to see if it works.

Change the numberformat to General.
And retype the value -- from scratch.

Then look at your =count() formula to see what it evaluates to.

--

Dave Peterson