From: Curtis on
Need a formaula to look at an entire column and count the number of
different times (say date of product)

Thanks
--
ce
From: Jackpot on
Do you mean a unique count..=COUNT() will give you a total count of numeric
values (including date, time, numbers etc; ).

Why dont you post few samples...

From: Curtis on
Yes sorry unique count.

If I have Products in column b

apples
apples
peach
grape
lemon

I want to count the number of unique products as in this case the result
would be 4
--
ce

From: Jackpot on
Try the below.

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B20<>"")/COUNTIF(B1:B20,B1:B20&""))

From: Dave Peterson on
If you wanted to count the number of unique entries in that range, you could use
a formula like:

=sumproduct((a1:a10<>"")/countif(a1:a10,a1:a10&""))
(you can only use the entire column in xl2007)

--

Dave Peterson

Pages: 1
Prev: Troubleshoot