From: vsm on
In the query given below which is done in Access

SELECT [Q Test].[Lead Business], [Q Test].Region, Avg([Q Test].[Cycle time
days]) AS [AvgOfCycle time days], Count([Q Test].[Contract ID]) AS
[CountOfContract ID]
FROM [Q Test]
GROUP BY [Q Test].[Lead Business], [Q Test].Region;

The field Count([Q Test].[Contract ID]) lists the count of contract ids
including duplicates.

What should I do to let Access Return only count of unique values. For
example, there are 100 records having contract id out of which only 10 are
unique, balance 90 are repetitions.

While currently access returns 100 for the field, I want access to return 10
which is unique values for the field.

Any help would be much appreciated.

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi,

On 10.03.2010 13:14, vsm wrote:
> While currently access returns 100 for the field, I want access to return 10
> which is unique values for the field.
Take a look at

http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2007/09/19/writing-a-count-distinct-query-in-access.aspx

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: Jerry Whittle on
SELECT [Q Test].[Contract ID] ,
Count([Q Test].[Contract ID]) AS [CountOfContract ID]
FROM [Q Test]
GROUP BY [Q Test].[Contract ID] ;
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: vsm on
Thanks Stefan. I had earlier bumped upon this, but am not to convert my
query as per the solution proposed there. Thanks for your link once again.

From: vsm on
Thanks Jerry. However, I need the summary values of other fields as well.
That is Average of Cycle Time and this has to be grouped by Lead business and
region. When I club those fields in this query, it does not work.