From: jay on
I have two worksheets. I want to feed data from one to the next to tally
occurrences of key words in two columns according to month in another column

Worksheet 1
A B C
01/15/2009 Keyword Keyword
01/05/2009 Keyword Keyword
02/12/2009 Keyword Keyword

Worksheet 2
A B C
January Count KeyWord Worksheet 1 Count Keyword Worksheet 1
February Count Keyword Worksheet 1 Count Keyword Worksheet 1

How can I have the entries from worksheet one auto-count on worksheet 2 for
stat totals?

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Copy and paste the below formula in B1 cell of Sheet2
=IF(A1="","",SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100)=MONTH(VALUE(A1&1)))*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$100="KEYWORD")))

Copy and paste the below formula in C1 cell of Sheet2
=IF(A1="","",SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100)=MONTH(VALUE(A1&1)))*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$100="KEYWORD")))

Drag the above formula's for the remaining cells of B & C Columns.

Change the cell reference $A$1:$A$100 to your desired range, if required.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

From: jay on
Let's dumb this down for me. :)

Worksheet 1
A2:A750 = dates for the month
If I wanted only the January dates, how would that look in your response?

Different keywords fall in column B

Worksheet 2
A would be total of those that occur in January and B would be total
keywords for January
January provide total keywords from column B

The month criteria gets me. Sorry I'm being "thick" here.