From: rmclafferty1 on
My Countifs seems to work as long as I do not sort.

For example, I want to sort by date rather than name:

• Bob Smith that was on line 12 is now is on line 148.
• In the Countifs formula Criteria 2 it is referencing cell C12 and
returning Jane Doe's information from the other worksheets.

I have tried anchoring and not anchoring the reference cell prior to sorting
(i.e., C12 or $C12) or $C$12 which returns 0 for everyone.

From: Luke M on
If you want to do a CountIf by Bob everytime, instead of by what's in cell
12, why not replace the cell reference w/ "Bob Smith"?

The other option would be to create a static list that is not getting
sorted, and base the COUNTIFs off of that list.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M