From: Nadine on
I have a column that has about 111 rows to it. In each row is a formula that
will find an invoice number if it exists elsewhere. The are alpha-numeric
invoice #s.

I need to count the number of invoices found. If I use the COUNTA formula
for that column it will count those cells that have the fomula in it but no
result. I only want to count those cells that have a result from the
formula. Any ideas for using Excel 2003? Thanks.
From: Gord Dibben on
=COUNTIF(G1:G111,">""")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Bob Umlas, Excel MVP on
=SUMPRODUCT(N(A1:A111<>""))
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

From: Nadine on
I get the #NUM result. Thanks for trying.

From: Bob Umlas, Excel MVP on
The formula can't produce #NUM unless the range already has a #NUM in it. Are
you sure you entered it as written?