From: Chipgiii on
I want to generate a report: I want to count blank cells. The data has a
date and a repair date (separate columns). What I would like to do is count
the number of blank repair dates (this reflects the amount of lights, in this
case, that have not been replaced). I then want to divide that by the fixed
number of total lights in the greenhouse so I can tell each week, or month
the percentage of lights needing repair in a report. I am a real novice user
simplicity is a must.

--
Thanks,
Chip
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
You can write a query like:

SELECT tblMyData.RepairDateField, Sum(1) AS FieldCount
FROM tblMyData
GROUP BY tblMyData.RepairDateField
HAVING (((tblMyData.RepairDateField) Is Null));

Then use that query's result your in report calculation.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com