Prev: Query Criteria
Next: Counts
From: Sue on
Hi all

I have two continuous subforms side by side on a main form which are
therefore not directly linked with master and child (they have the same
foreign key as the main form). I have found some code to keep the two
subforms in sync which does work, but it is slightly slow and causes a kind
of flickering form until it has made the sync (which repeats every time you
move record). I want to keep them in sync so I can apply a conditional
formatting to change the colour of some values if they don't equal some
fields on the corresponding record on the other subform.

Is there a better way to do this please? The code for the sync is:

Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

If (Not IsNull(Me![Territory])) And _
(Not IsNull(Parent.[frm Resource Planning Summary].Form![Territory]))
And _
(Me![Territory] <> Parent.[frm Resource Planning
Summary].Form![Territory]) Then
Set rs = Parent.[frm Resource Planning Summary].Form.RecordsetClone
rs.FindFirst "Territory_Code = " & """" & Me![Territory] & """"
If Not rs.NoMatch Then
Parent.[frm Resource Planning Summary].Form.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
End If
End If

Thanks...

Pages: 1