From: Des on
Hi I have been told I can do this but I think it is because I have
photoshop 7. I want to create a puzzel and hopfully break it up as
well.

This is a linkk to a website I have been studying.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/photoshop-puzzle/

Desmond.
From: Kabuki on

"Des" <desotuatail(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi I have been told I can do this but I think it is because I have
> photoshop 7. I want to create a puzzel and hopfully break it up as
> well.
>
> This is a linkk to a website I have been studying.
>
> http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/photoshop-puzzle/
>
> Desmond.

If you want it to be a real puzzle send it to a company that will cut it too

http://www.bigskypuzzles.com/index.php?cPath=3127&sID=531bd0796d9d647f9440d4aef25e3ccd

your tutorial was good for creating the graphic effect

Joe's link---why pay for an effect you can do free in PS ?

From: Des on
On 5 Aug, 19:15, "Kabuki" <masq...(a)ball.net> wrote:
> "Des" <desotuat...(a)aol.com> wrote in message

> > Hi I  have been told I can do this but I think it is because I have
> > photoshop 7. I want to create a puzzel and hopfully break it up as
> > well.
>
> > This is a linkk to a website I have been studying.
>
> >http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/photoshop-puzzle/
>
> > Desmond.
>
> If you want it to be a real puzzle send it to a company that will cut it too
>
> http://www.bigskypuzzles.com/index.php?cPath=3127&sID=531bd0796d9d647....
>
> your tutorial was good for creating the graphic effect
>
> Joe's link---why pay for an effect you can do free in PS ?
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...(a)netfront.net ---

Hi Thanks for this. What I wanted to do is to cut the pieces out of an
image and use it in layers to build up a picture. I was thinking of a
kind of powerpoint presentation for children to guess what the picture
is.

Desmond.
From: Kabuki on

On 5 Aug, 19:15, "Kabuki" <masq...(a)ball.net> wrote:
> "Des" <desotuat...(a)aol.com> wrote in message

> > Hi I have been told I can do this but I think it is because I have
> > photoshop 7. I want to create a puzzel and hopfully break it up as
> > well.
>
> > This is a linkk to a website I have been studying.
>
> >http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/photoshop-puzzle/
>
> > Desmond.
>
> If you want it to be a real puzzle send it to a company that will cut it
> too
>
> http://www.bigskypuzzles.com/index.php?cPath=3127&sID=531bd0796d9d647...
>
> your tutorial was good for creating the graphic effect
>
> Joe's link---why pay for an effect you can do free in PS ?
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...(a)netfront.net ---

Hi Thanks for this. What I wanted to do is to cut the pieces out of an
image and use it in layers to build up a picture. I was thinking of a
kind of powerpoint presentation for children to guess what the picture
is.

Desmond.
yeah in that case you won't need a real puzzle
just copy/paste layers with the selected pieces into PowerPoint

From: Kabuki on

"Joe" <joe(a)dontspam.com> wrote in message
> Des <desotuatail(a)aol.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5 Aug, 19:15, "Kabuki" <masq...(a)ball.net> wrote:
>> > "Des" <desotuat...(a)aol.com> wrote in message

>> > If you want it to be a real puzzle send it to a company that will cut
>> > it too
>> >
>> > http://www.bigskypuzzles.com/index.php?cPath=3127&sID=531bd0796d9d647...
>> >
>> > your tutorial was good for creating the graphic effect
>> >
>> > Joe's link---why pay for an effect you can do free in PS ?
>> >
>> > --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...(a)netfront.net ---
>>
>> Hi Thanks for this. What I wanted to do is to cut the pieces out of an
>> image and use it in layers to build up a picture. I was thinking of a
>> kind of powerpoint presentation for children to guess what the picture
>> is.
>>
>> Desmond.
>
> I don't have the message of the one you quote. But I can tell you that no
> need to thank for the wrong answer, cuz even Photoshop is good but not
> that
> good. Or you can THANK me for saying that you will need Photoshop to run
> the Plug-Ins, but Photoshop itself can't do it.

JOE_>>>look at this and see if you are ready to rethink your answer
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/photoshop-puzzle/

the OP posted a link to the tutorial- NO PLUG IN is needed
needed:
only a file of a puzzle pattern and texturizer filter
then he uses pen tool to select the pieces and "cut' them out