From: Helmut Schneider on
Hi,

I'd like to install FreeBSD on a USB. How can I unattendedly create a
new slice with a size of e.g. 2GB? The Stick has 32GB and I do not want
to use all of it for FreeBSD.

Thanks, Helmut

--
No Swen today, my love has gone away
My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn
From: Indi on
On 2010-07-30, Helmut Schneider <jumper99(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install FreeBSD on a USB. How can I unattendedly create a
> new slice with a size of e.g. 2GB? The Stick has 32GB and I do not want
> to use all of it for FreeBSD.
>
> Thanks, Helmut

"Unattendedly"? No idea.
But it's easy to create a slice on a USB stick, just use fdisk and
newfs.

--
Caveat utilitor,
indi

From: Indi on
On 2010-07-30, Indi <indi(a)satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu> wrote:
> On 2010-07-30, Helmut Schneider <jumper99(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to install FreeBSD on a USB. How can I unattendedly create a
>> new slice with a size of e.g. 2GB? The Stick has 32GB and I do not want
>> to use all of it for FreeBSD.
>>
>> Thanks, Helmut
>>

> "Unattendedly"? No idea.
> But it's easy to create a slice on a USB stick, just use fdisk and
> newfs.

And bsdlabel.
:)

--