From: tatar on
Windows XP SP3

Most things you want to do you are asked to bootup from your Windows XP
installation CD. I have tried to use OEM WinXP recovery CD, an streamed
WinXP SP2 and somebody else's Win XP SP3 disk and in all cases I get the
warning that "... the files in my computer are later version than the CD's.

How can I produce a bootup disk from my computer with Windows XP SP3 and the
lastest updates?

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"tatar" <afe(a)ersoy.co.uk> wrote in message
> Windows XP SP3
>
> Most things you want to do you are asked to bootup from your Windows XP
> installation CD. I have tried to use OEM WinXP recovery CD, an streamed
> WinXP SP2 and somebody else's Win XP SP3 disk and in all cases I get the
> warning that "... the files in my computer are later version than the
> CD's.
>
> How can I produce a bootup disk from my computer with Windows XP SP3 and
> the lastest updates?

"Most things" sounds great but would you care to give us an example that
requires a WinXP boot CD?

From: tatar on
Yes, I want to fix my MBR error 3 and also to create Recovery console.

From: tatar on
Also to start from the CD if computer fails to start from HDD. My OEM CD
will recover it to its original condition with all data lost.

From: Pegasus [MVP] on
To boot into the Windows Recovery Console, boot the machine with your WinXP
installation CD.

What program reports "MBR Error 3"? What program do you want to use to fix
it?