From: Kevin on
Geoff,

I used the Design Table window to create a table with the following
definition:

CustomerID Ident Int 4
Name Text 16 Not Null
Contact VarChar 50

CustomerID added to Primary Index

When I click Create I get the following error:

Error Stack: (Non system lines only)
Called from: 0038 - WINDOW Modify Table Window -
DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:GETTABLEDETAILS
Called from: 0011 - WINDOW Modify Table Window -
DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:BUILDBBROWSER
Called from: 0032 - WINDOW Modify Table Window -
DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:CREATETABLE
Called from: 0028 - WINDOW Modify Table Window -
DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:OKBUTTON
Called from: 0026 - _Start - GCSAPP:START
Called from: 0018 - _Start - START

Error Severity: ERROR
GenCode 33 ->
SubSystem -> BASE
FuncSym -> =>DWORD FuncPtr 0x004EC60E
Description-> FuncSym -> =>DWORD FuncPtr 0x004EC60E

Arg No 2-> 0
is type -> STRING
must type -> DWORD
CanSubstitute -> NUMERIC

Creating the table without adding CustomerID to the Primary index
generates the same error.

Going back in to SQL Master the table has been created but the Index has
not.
Right-clicking the table, or any other Users Table, and selecting Design
Table gives the following:

Error Stack: (Non system lines only)
Called from: 0038 - WINDOW Modify Table Window -
DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:GETTABLEDETAILS
Called from: 0011 - WINDOW Modify Table Window -
DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:BUILDBBROWSER
Called from: 0004 - WINDOW Modify Table Window -
DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:OPENTABLESTRUCTURE
Called from: 0043 - WINDOW Modify Table Window -
DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:POSTINIT
Called from: 0093 - WINDOW Modify Table Window - DESIGNTABLEDIALOG:INIT
Called from: 0012 - WINDOW SQL Split Window - SQLSPLITWINDOW:DESIGNTABLE
Called from: 0036 - _VO Class Extensions - TEXTCONTROL:DISPATCH
Called from: 0026 - _Start - GCSAPP:START
Called from: 0018 - _Start - START

Error Severity: ERROR
GenCode 33 ->
SubSystem -> BASE
FuncSym -> =>DWORD FuncPtr 0x004EC60E
Description-> FuncSym -> =>DWORD FuncPtr 0x004EC60E

Arg No 2-> 93
is type -> STRING
must type -> DWORD
CanSubstitute -> NUMERIC

Is this something I am doing wrong or missing? Before you suggest I read
the help file, I have and can find very little in it about designing a
table and nothing that tells me what I may be doing wrong.

From the Connection Info window the Provider is SQLOLEDB. This is from a
SQL Server.

Kevin

From: Geoff Schaller on
Kevin,

I'll look into the build on the weekend but for now, just use the
Microsoft SSMS to change the design of the table properly to reflect NOT
NULL requirements fully. Check out setting a default at the same time.
The MS GUI is very easy to use.

Geoff

(PS... even without reading the manual <g>)