From: - Bobb - on

"Dean" <Dean(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a Sony Viao computer running Windows XP and have recently
> created
> a movie using Movie Maker 2.1. Movie Maker lists an option to save the
> movie
> to a DVD, but each time I try I get an error message telling me the disk
> that
> I have inserted is not supported. I have tried a DVD+R disk, a DVD+RW
> disk
> and a DVD-RW disk with no success.
>
> In reading some of the other questions about creating a DVD, I understand
> that Movie Maker 2.1 cannot create a DVD, but instead another DVD burning
> program is needed. I have Click to DVD on my computer and used to use it
> create a DVD by taking the movie back to my camcorder and then using Click
> DVD to burn the disk. However, now when I open Click to DVD I get a
> message
> saying the DVD menu is corrupted. Is there some place to download a new
> version of Click to DVD?
>
> I also have Sonic Record Now on my computer, but am unable to pull the
> movie
> from Movie Maker into Record Now. It looks like my version of Record Now
> can
> only copy a DVD from another DVD.
>
> I would appreciate any advice that will help me create a DVD of the movie
> have made. If I need purchase a new disk burning software program I would
> appreciate some advice on which one can take the movie I created and saved
> my computer with Movie Maker and burn it to a disk.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dean

I just tried this on my PC ( why I came here to investigate)
I chose burn jpegs as a movie - to Cd ( DVD was also an option)
I did notice the phrasing of the WMM script I chose:
" Burn to recordable CD ".

It creates the CD and when I open the CD I see that it is not "closed". It
is left - recordable. Not in DVD format . It DID create a WMV file and a
HIGHMAT folder.
In Windows explorer I see total size = 680mb, free = 290mb
I can play the wmv file, but I can't pop into DVD player in living room - I
get an error. In PC format - not DVD player format.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831240 gets me:
"By using the new HighMAT extension, you can create easy-to-use HighMAT CDs
of digital photos, music, and videos. The CDs are optimized for easy viewing
and for sharing on CD and DVD players that use the HighMAT logo."
SO it's probably that MY DVD player doesn't support HIGHMAT format.