From: Boris Punk on
Either file creating with blank byte[]'s with FileOutputStream on
Windows/Ubuntu Linux or dd on Ubuntu Linux - the bigger the file gets, the
slower the write speed.

From: Boris Punk on
FS:

Windows: NTFS
Linux: EXT3

From: rossum on
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 05:46:48 +0100, "Boris Punk" <khgfhf(a)hmjggg.com>
wrote:

>Why does the write speed slow down the bigger the file gets? For example
>creating a 10GB file is fairly fast but get to 20GB+ and the write speed
>drops and continues to drop.

The error is on line 43 of your code. If you cannot find the error,
post the relevant section of your code. If we can see your code we
may be able to help you, if it is a Java problem and not an OS issue
anyway.

rossum

From: Lew on
Boris Punk wrote:
> Either file creating with blank byte[]'s with FileOutputStream on
> Windows/Ubuntu Linux or dd on Ubuntu Linux - the bigger the file gets, the
> slower the write speed.

So even when you're not using Java the problem exists.

Therefore it is not a Java issue.

When the file is big, how many extents does it encompass?

--
Lew

From: Lew on
On Aug 5, 12:46 am, "Boris Punk" <khg...(a)hmjggg.com> wrote:
> Why does the write speed slow down the bigger the file gets? For example
> creating a 10GB file is fairly fast but get to 20GB+ and the write speed
> drops and continues to drop.

I found this, googling around:
<http://ask-leo.com/
why_does_copying_a_large_file_sometimes_slow_down_or_fail.html>

--
Lew