From: NAD on
I have set up a form for my fellow workers to use and to enter their
inspection data into certain cells of the form which later I will be linking
to go into a summary report workbook. I'd like to make sure (possibly
protect cells?) that they can only enter their data into certain cells, not
be able to edit/change any oither cells in the form I've created, AND be able
to Tab through to only those cells I have set up in the form for their data
to go in.

Does any Excel expert out there know if these things/ideas are possible
and,,, if so, how to accomplish these three things? Note - I am not using
Activex Controls of any kind in the form. I'd appreciate any help you can
give!
--
NAD
From: Russell Dawson on
Hi Nad

This is all about a combination of formatting cells and protection without
wich it won't work.

Select all cells in the w/s
Right click
Format cells
Check for locked cells (it will be filled but check to ensure a check mark
or "tick" is inserted) -OK
Select cells for access
R click
Uncheck - OK
Now on the review tab
Select protect sheet
Input password if desired (recommended)
Ok
This also has the benefit of the tab key when used as enter key will take
cursor to next box to be filled.

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.