From: Rhonda on
I'm trying to create a very large photo (750+ photos) presentation with music
that transitions automatically. I want the music to start on certain slides
and then repeat the song until a new song is specified. The photos/slides
are setup to transition every 4 seconds. I have been able to do this by
embedding the music. The problem is that the file is now very large and I'm
having trouble managing it. I have trouble saving it and I'm afraid it won't
run well from start to finish. I have thought about the following:
- Breaking it up into smaller separate presentations and starting them from
a batch file (command line). The problem with this is that it loops on the
first one only. I want it to play all of them in order since they really are
smaller parts of a bigger presentation.
- Not embedding the music. If I do this I can't get it to always start on
the right slide and play until the next music is started. If I remember
correctly it didn't repeat and it didn't stop if the next sound was started
before the first one was done. It is also a pain to get the number of slides
correct in such a large presentation.

Any suggestions?

Also, how can I delete a sound (music) that is embedded in a presentation
and no longer needed?

Thanks for any help!
From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
personally i would use Photo Story instead. It's a free download from Microsoft
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials