From: Robert Cummings on
Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 13:40 -0500, Robert Cummings wrote:
>> Ashley Sheridan wrote:

>> > That would only set the index for a given directory, it doesn't force
>> > Apache to run that script when something else is called.
>>
>> I answered this issue yesterday with the following:
>>
>> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .htm
>>
>> I think tedd also adds .css :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rob.
>> --
>> http://www.interjinn.com
>> Application and Templating Framework for PHP
>>

> I thought that doing that introduced slowdowns where Apache was parsing
> html files that didn't contain PHP code though?

It does... if your files don't have PHP. I imagine (but haven't checked)
that you can set this on a virtual host basis. So then it becomes a
question of utility versus wasted cycles. How many PHP sites actually
bother to create .html files when there's no PHP code?

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com