From: StefanM on
I would recommend a look at Altova's tools called XMLSpy and MapForce.
As you have your data already in the database you could use MapForce
to create a mapping into your taxonomy. You can also generate C# code
which will do the mapping. IIRC there should also be some samples
about MapForce and XBRL mappings.

HTH,
Stefan
From: Kutle Boy on
> haha, I guess I was vague ;)
>
> I can create the input app fine and saving the data to SQL no probs -
> I'm looking for a rough idea of getting info back out and placed into
> an XML file that will be validated against the taxonomy - are there
> any example out there or what's the best tools to use? I'm using
> VS2008, SQL2005

Questions:

1.) Which tools (programming languages) have you used so far to
manipulate(create/save) XML document?
2.) How experienced you are with XML?
3.) At this stage, which is your primary concern - the "technical" validity
of XML document or the "logical" (data inserted on right positions)?